About Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Atlantic Highlands is a borough in Monmouth County, New Jersey on the shore of Sandy Hook Bay. With spectacular views of the surrounding area, NYC and the Atlantic Ocean, the town lives up to its name: Mount Mitchill, on the eastern edge of town, is the highest point on eastern seaboard south of Maine.
- Atlantic Highlands has Sandy Hook Bay which leads out to the Atlantic Ocean on its north, Highlands on its east, Leonardo on its west, and Navesink on its south.
- Atlantic Highlands Municipal Harbor is a destination in and of itself.
- The Garden State Parkway, a convenient connector to points north and south, passes through Aberdeen.
- The Middletown station on the North Jersey Coast line of NJ Transit is nearby.
- In addition, NJ Transit offers a bus line to New York Port Authority allowing for more easy ways to commute.
- Newark Liberty International Airport is the nearest airport (about 26 miles).
Atlantic Highlands Real Estate
Atlantic Highlands Homes & Luxury Properties
Housing opportunities range considerably in Atlantic Highlands from condos and townhomes to mid-century resale to newer and modern new construction. A town with a strong sense of history, architecturally it showcases a broad range of homes built in the Victorian Era. There’s, literally, something for everyone.
Atlantic Highlands School Information
- Atlantic Highlands Elementary, located downtown on First Avenue, serves students from kindergarten to sixth grade.
- Students of seventh to twelve grade attend Henry Hudson Regional High School, which serves students from both Atlantic Highlands and nearby Highlands.
History of Atlantic Highlands
The history of Atlantic Highlands is a rich and fascinating story, dating back hundreds of years.
- The Lenape people were native to these lands.
- New World colonists’ first assembly was convened in 1667.
- Many forces, clashes and counterattacks of the American Revolution took place here and nearby.
- Later, resort developers and others who recognized the great appeal of the area began to develop the area beginning in the early 1800s.
Some of Atlantic Highlands favorite spots to visit include:
- Mount Mitchill Scenic Overlook
- Henry Hudson Trail
- Harbor Park
- Strauss Mansion Museum
- Lenape Woods Nature Preserve
Make Atlantic Highlands Your Home
Explore Atlantic Highlands Real Estate
Interested in becoming a resident of a beautiful Atlantic Highlands soon? (You won’t regret it.) The Atlantic Highlands sales team at Resources Real Estate can help you with your search. Find the house of your dreams in Atlantic Highlands today.
Selling Your Home in Atlantic Highlands
Looking to sell your home in Atlantic Highlands NJ? The demand for this great town just keeps growing and Resources Real Estate knows this town better than any other broker. Stop by our office downtown and find out how we can help. Get answers to all your questions from an experienced and local market-savvy agent.
We will prepare a comparative market analysis for your home to give you a clear understanding of your home’s current value and devise an award-winning marketing plan to ensure you receive the most for your home in the shortest period of time with the least amount of stress.
Call us at 732.212.0440 or send an email to info(at)resourcesrealestate(dotted)com to schedule your real estate consultation.